Let’s Catch Up – I’ve been MIA !

Sorry for the gap in posts.  I’ve had some crazy – but good – days.  So flip the calendar back to Super Bowl Sunday.  I’m not really a football fan.  As a matter of fact, the ONLY game I watch is the Super Bowl.   Therefore I don’t have a ‘favorite’ team.

We know what wonderful snacks, foods, and drinks that people prepare for this occasion.  We dreamed of every bit of it.

But, because we are still trying hard to stick to Whole30, our Super Bowl Feast consisted of Baked Cod, cauliflower rice, and green beans.   You wish you were with us, don’t you?


There’s just no way to make that look like a Super Bowl Treat.  So this was me:


But Wow, what a game, huh???

For several years (I truly can’t remember how many), we have been putting coins in a jar.  Two things happened – It got full and we are heading to a great vacation in a couple of weeks.

Would you like to make a guess how much was in this jar?  Go ahead.  I’ll tell you PH and I were w-a-y  off.

It took a long time….

And after the jar was empty, I had some lint, a paper clip, a safety pin, a watch battery, and a bullet left over.  I’m as surprised as you.


We had to leave super early Monday morning for Colorado, so we had to drop off the dogs at a new kennel.  (Our last one closed)  We didn’t have the record for one of Gus’s shots, so he got the short straw and got to accompany us on the trip.

He appeared to be happy with this privilege and made himself quite comfy.


PH surprised me by stopping at the Outlet Mall in Silverthorne, CO on the way.

Unfortunately everything seemed quite expensive – even though this was an “outlet” mall.  Do you find this true, too?

Once again our visit at my sister’s house was too short.  My Tuesday afternoon appointment was changed to 9 a.m. because of a Winter Storm Warning.    We did get to go for a visit to my niece’s house and this was what we saw just right there next to the road!


This appointment with Dr. Clanton at the Steadman Clinic (for my foot) went very well.  I will explain more about that in tomorrow’s post.

We hit the road home as fast as we could after the appointment because the snow was already falling.  As a matter of fact, this is what it looked like as we were leaving Vail.

A few miles down the road, a jack-knifed truck completely blocked the other side of the interstate.


I tried to enjoy the sights out my side window.  I just love pine trees covered in snow, don’t you?


What is amazing is that 2 hours from Vail we got to Denver and 64º!     As we left that springlike weather of Denver, we experienced all sorts of weather.

From sunny skies to this….


and that became this:


We were very happy to get home safely.  We both said that as we walked into the house.


Stay safe and warm and make each day a good one.  It’s totally in your hands.


One step at a time,



P.S.  Did you guess the amount of money in the jar?   It was $392 !!!!!






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *