Let’s catch up! Saturday turned out to be a nice day – very little wind and in the upper 50 degrees! After work Patient Husband and I worked outside, sprucing up a bit. Neither one of us have a green thumb so we do the best we can.
Then we went to pick up our 3rd horse from the neighbors. We keep him up there to be a buddy to their horse. Not only do they look alike but they have become very good friends. We know someone who has a horse-crazy daughter (weren’t we all when we were young?) who is looking for her first horse. Bingo! This could work.
Banjo and Durango seemed happy to see their long lost friend.
Ahhh, it’s good to be home…
He got a shave and a brush out and looked pretty good considering how muddy he was.
When the prospective teen buyer arrived – it looked like love at first sight for both of them. By the time she left, she was riding Kazmir bareback with a great smile on her face. Although I have owned Kazmir since he was 3, I feel very good about this match.
We saw this weekend bring us the month of April. I started seeing signs of spring and thinking of all the things that mean ‘Spring’ to me. Here are a few:
- Babies everywhere – those darling calves are suddenly everywhere!
2. The world is no longer monochrome or shades of grey. I see GREEN!!
3. I have put away the corduroys for another year. I’m one of those few people who love corduroys.
4. It’s time to re-toughen my feet so they can go barefoot again.
5. I’m considering dragging the grill outside.
6. Motorcycles and bicycles are out and about again.
7. People are starting to whisper “I think that may be the last snow this year”.
8. I can wear capri leggings instead of angle length.
Can you think of more things that mean its spring? I’m just glad to be thinking about it!
So start this week with spring in mind – no matter what Mother Nature throws at you.
One step at a time,